Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Delicious Cinnamon Rolls

I have to say that cinnamon rolls might just be one of my favorite sweets. I am a sucker for bread. I could easily have bread with every meal for my entire life. I have eaten just plain bread as snacks for as long as I can remember. Basically, I'm a carb addict. Pasta, bread, and potatoes for a meal would be great. Unfortunately, my hubby won't let me binge on carbs for every part of every meal.

Today, however, I decided to cure that sweet tooth with some amazing cinnamon rolls.

I start with my basic bread recipe. Found here:
http://spoonsandfires.blogspot.com/2013/03/bread-machine-white-bread.html

I add about 2-3 Tbsp of cinnamon sugar to the dough. After the second rise, lay the dough on a clean flat surface (lightly floured if needed), and roll about 1/4 inch thick in a rectangle. About 8"x12".

Butter the entire top, all the way to the edges. Then sprinkle generously with cinnamon sugar (3 parts sugar, 1 part cinnamon), all the way to the edges. Roll tightly, longways, and cut in 1-1 1/2 inch slices.

Put in a buttered casserole dish, leaving about 1/2 inch between each one. Allow to rise until doubled (30 minutes to 1 hour).

Preheat oven to 350°. Cook about 30 minutes.

Let cool 5 minutes. Spread the top of the rolls with icing.

Icing:
4 Tbsp unsalted butter
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3-6 Tbsp water or milk




No comments:

Post a Comment