Friday, June 14, 2013

Ice Mocha Frappé


I will be the first to admit that I drink way too much coffee.  It's my favorite drink.  Sometimes I'll sneak it into my food, like in the broth with a roast.  Ice Frappés are a yummy treat for me though.  

With minutes you can blend your own yummy frappé.  I like my coffee sweet, so if you don't like them quite as sweet, start with half the sugar and add more if needed.  




I start off with 1/2 cup coarse ground coffee in my French Press.  i add 28oz boiling water, stir, put the lid on (don't press the plunger), and set the timer for 4 minutes.  Every minute just give it a stir.  After 4 minutes, push the plunger down.  Strain and cool the coffee you plan to use for the frappé.  Drink the rest.  ;)

For the frappé:

1 1/2 cups coffee; chilled
1/2 cup milk (or 1/2 & 1/2)
4 Tbsp. sugar
2 Tbsp chocolate syrup
3 cups ice, plus more as desired
Whipped cream 


Directions

In a blender, puree coffee, milk, sugar, and ice. For a thicker consistency, add more ice and blend.  For mocha frappé, add chocolate sauce while blending.

Pour into 2 glasses, and top with whipped cream and chocolate sauce if desired. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment