Friday, July 12, 2013

Fruit Smoothie Pops

Smoothie Pops

So, I was at Wal-Mart the other day (Yeah, I know.  Don't judge.  LOL) and saw these cute popsicle makers in the dollar section.  I have 8 kids, and there were 8 of these, so that was perfect!  Ok, so one of them doesn't actually eat food, but I get her popsicle, and she gets it by proxy.  

Anyway, what could I make my kids that's somewhat healthy?  Smoothies!  I add a bit more sugar than I would for an actual smoothie, but you can do more or less to your liking.  

Here's my Smoothie Pop recipe! 




Combine in a blender:

3 cups of frozen fruit (I use a tropical blend)
1 1/2 cups whole milk
1 cup water
3 Tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
2-3 drops almond extract

Blend on high about a minute, or until completely smooth.  Pour into popsicle molds.  Put on tops.  Freeze 2 hours, or until completely frozen.  Enjoy the leftover smoothie, as there is generally some left over!

Run under warm water a few seconds to help unmold.  Eat!  Great for a hot summer day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment