Thursday, October 30, 2014

Crockpot Baked Potato Soup

I made this recipe a while back and loved it.  I can help but share it with you.  I'm including the link where I found it. 

I do it a little different and shred the potatoes, instead of dicing them, to get them to cook faster. I push them into the liquid to coat them a little before putting the lid on. 




Slow Cooker Baked Potato Soup


  • 5 pound(s) Russet Potatoes, Washed but not peeledDiced into 1/2 in cubes
  • medium yellow onion, diced
  • 10 clove(s) garlic, minced
  • 8 cup(s) chicken stock or broth
  • 16 ounce(s) cream cheese, softened
  • 1 tablespoon(s) seasoned salt
  • bacon, shredded cheese for garnish
  1. Add potatoes, onion, garlic, seasoning, and chicken stock to slow cooker.

  1. Cook on high for 6 hours or low for 10 hours.

  2. Add the softened cream cheese and puree soup with an immersion blender until the cheese is incorporated and about half the soup is blended. (Alternately you could remove half the soup and the cream cheese to an upright blender, then re-incorporate).
  3. Stir well, top with your choice of garnishes & enjoy!

http://www.myrecipes.com/m/recipe/ugc/u-slow-cooker-baked-potato-soup-3/

1 comment:

  1. Hmm this sounds delicious! I love the pictures. It seems pretty easy to do too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete