Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Thai Mango Sticky Rice

While eating at my favorite Thai restaurant my husband ordered some Mango Sticky Rice.  I am not a mango fan.  Personally, I think mango is pretty gross.  However, I have found myself wantin nothing but bowls of this stuff.  So, I want to share the recipe. 



Thai Mango Sticky Rice

1 1/2 cups short grain rice (sushi rice works)
2 cups coconut milk or water

1 1/2 cups coconut milk
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1-2 tsp tapioca starch (aka tapioca flour)

1 cup coconut milk
2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp tapioca starch

2-3 mangos; pealed and sliced. 


Rinse and drain uncooked short grain rice until liquid is clear.  Drain well. 
Combine 2c coconut milk or water and rice.  Bring to boil.  Cover and simmer 15 min.  Remove from heat and let sit 5 min. 

While rice is cooking, combine 1 1/2 c coconut milk, sugar, salt, and tapioca starch.  Stir constantly.  Bring to boil over Med heat.  Boil 1 min.  Remove from heat.  Combine with cooked rice. 

Set aside until cooled.  About 30 min to 1  hour.  

Combine 1c coconut milk, sugar, salt, and tapioca flour. Bring to boil over Med heat.  Boil I min.  Combine with rice.  

Serve with mango slices on top. 


Serves 8

No comments:

Post a Comment